Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>> If I were the grub maintainer, my first step in dropping grub1 in Debian
>> would be to make it unavailable from d-i...
>
> Ha, how nice! >:-)
>
> But the package is still available and thus, it can be installed and
> thus, it has to be maintained (at least until wheezy becomes unsupported).

Some advice: like a political candidate coming to an election with a
double-digit deficit in the polls has to get used to the idea of
losing, you should get into the frame of mind that by the time
Wheezy's released, grub1'll have been removed from the Debian
repositories.

Regarding the rest of your email (that I've snipped out), I think that
you're being very difficult regarding the configuration of grub2... :)