Re: Iceape's inability to render sites

On 28/06/11 17:58, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On 2011-06-27, Robert Holtzman <holtzm@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 09:17:54PM +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
>>> On 2011-06-26, Robert Holtzman <holtzm@cox.net> wrote:
>>> (...)
>> =3D20
>>> =20
>>> Could you provide examples of sites which do not work for you?
>>
>> www.schwab.com
>> www.chevelles.com
>> www.benchrest.com
>>

> I see no Java applets on those sites (at least not on their front
> pages).

I have no java packages on this machine. Iceweasel 4.0.1

Can't check https://schwab.com as I don't have a login. I didn't enable
javascript.
http://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/planning/college_planning/529_plan?cmsid=P-2027662&lvl1=planning&lvl2=college_planning
loads ok without javascript (don't want the LivePerson chat "solution",
or the popups).
Table alert!
100 validation errors (nice round number):-
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.schwab.com%2Fpublic%2Fschwab%2Fplanning%2Fcollege_planning%2F529_plan%3Fcmsid%3DP-2027662%26lvl1%3Dplanning%26lvl2%3Dcollege_planning&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.2

I can view chevelles.com - no way am I allowing all that dodgy
javascript, even temporarily. Forum, calendar. Viewable without javascript.
Over 100 validation errors:-
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.chevelles.com&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.2

I can view benchrest.com without problems (once I allow the
javascripts). Forums, blogs etc.
A dozen or so validation errors:-
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.benchrest.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.2

Cheers

--
"I have a scoop for you. I stole his act.
I camouflaged it with punchlines, and to really throw people off, I did