Re: Iceape's inability to render sites

On 28/06/11 17:58, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On 2011-06-27, Robert Holtzman <holtzm@cox.net> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 09:17:54PM +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
>>> On 2011-06-26, Robert Holtzman <holtzm@cox.net> wrote:
>>> (...)
>> =3D20
>>> =20
>>> Could you provide examples of sites which do not work for you?
>> www.schwab.com
>> www.chevelles.com
>> www.benchrest.com
> I see no Java applets on those sites (at least not on their front
> pages).
I have no java packages on this machine. Iceweasel 4.0.1

Can't check https://schwab.com as I don't have a login. I didn't enable
loads ok without javascript (don't want the LivePerson chat "solution",
or the popups).
Table alert!
100 validation errors (nice round number):-

I can view chevelles.com - no way am I allowing all that dodgy
javascript, even temporarily. Forum, calendar. Viewable without javascript.
Over 100 validation errors:-

I can view benchrest.com without problems (once I allow the
javascripts). Forums, blogs etc.
A dozen or so validation errors:-

"I have a scoop for you. I stole his act.
I camouflaged it with punchlines, and to really throw people off, I did
it before he did."
~ Bill Hicks (on Dennis Leary)