Re: How to configure static route?

On Du, 26 iun 11, 10:53:21, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
> Hi,
>   I used to use configuration like "up ip route add 0.0.0.0/0 via
> a.b.c.d dev eth0" in /etc/network/interfaces to do this.
>   But today, in debian doc
> (http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch05.en.html 5.5.14), I
> found that there is a /etc/network/routes to do this. Well, I cannot
> find more information about it.
>   Anyone could help giving me a clue? Thanks.

$ apt-file search /etc/network/routes
ifupdown-extra: /etc/network/routes

$ apt-cache show ifupdown-extra
 This package provides a set of network testing scripts to be used together
 with the ifupdown package. These scripts can:
   - check the network cable before an interface is configured.
   - test if an assigned IP address is already in use in the network.
   - test if default network gateways are reachable.
   - setup default static routes for interfaces.
 .
 This package also provides 'network-test', a script to test the network
 configuration status by checking:
   - Status of available interface.
   - Availability of configured gateway routes.
   - If host resolution is working properly (DNS checks).
   - If network connectivity is working, including ICMP and web connections to
     remote web servers.
Tag: admin::configuring, network::configuration, network::routing, role::program, scope::utility, use::checking, use::configuring, works-with::network-traffic

IMVHO the static routes part should be moved to ifupdown. How about a
'whishlist' bug?

Hope this helps,
Andrei