Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

On Fri 24 Jun 2011 at 19:13:27 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> Nope, that's a GRUB's statement not a Debian's one :-)

You'll have to make do with this:

http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/GRUB2asDefault

> There are many packages that are not being "actively" developed but still
> maintained upstream (how about "Unison"?) like GRUB legacy is.

GRUB legacy is hardly being maintained upstream. It's on life-support.

  > Only bugfixes will be made so that GRUB Legacy can stil be used for older
  > systems.

> Nice speech,

Thank you - but it was of a 'get in touch with pragmatism' effort. :)

>              but I prefer to see the real numbers that support
> it >:-)

You give me the number of Debian users and I'll make a stab at it. :)