Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

On Fri 24 Jun 2011 at 15:18:08 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> No? Then why removing it from the installer? :-?

There is no further upstream development of it. Debian will not maintain
it. It's dead. So GRUB2 became a release goal for Squeeze.

> Oh, sure.
>
> But I like Debian precisely for those things that make it unique, like
> giving users as many options as it can, not removing them without a
> strong and meditated reason ;-)

Upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze gives the choice of keeping an existing
GRUB or converting to GRUB2. With a new install it's GRUB2 only. But the
choice to go for GRUB legacy exists afterwards, which seems reasonable
to me.