Re: How to install with encrypted root?

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:15:10 -0400
Christian Jaeger <chrjae@gmail.com> wrote:

>See my other reply, it seems pretty clear that there is a bug in the
>debian installer (assuming that the installer is *meant* to support
>installing a system with encrypted root and that the result boots).
>Glad it worked for you; please tell if you can add information to pin
>the problem down more.
>
>Christian.

I managed to install Squeeze (6.0, few days after it got released) on raid1 and
LVM2, with encryption (except for /boot), but I remember that I spent a lot of
time getting it right in the installer interface (and cursing a lot about how
can an installer in 2011 be so obtuse :) ).

I think I may even have restarted the installation once or twice, because I
configured something in the disk setup incorrectly, and the interface did not
allow me to revert the change.

So, yes, it is possible, but not easy. :)

--
Andrej Kacian