Re: posting

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 08:44:57PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> > Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> writes:
> >
> > > Re: posting Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2011 #1198
> > >
> > > instead of
> > >
> > > Re: posting
> > >
> > > is breaking the thread?
> >
> > Yes, your threading is broken, and you need to learn how to post.
> > See, for example, [1] and [2] and [3].
> >
> > We have some options here:
> >
> > 1.) filter your posts so they go to the junk group or are quietly
> > deleted
>
> Now I pushed group reply, deleted the quotes, deleted the subject,
> copied the needed text and pasted it as quotation and copied and
> pasted the subject.

That's as may be, but your threading is still broken. The message you
were replying to was <[🔎] 871uykpj08.fsf@yun.yagibdah.de>, but you had
presume is the digest. You should see "References:
<[🔎] 1308854697.7124.15.camel@debian>" and "In-Reply-To:
<[🔎] 1308854697.7124.15.camel@debian>" headers in this message, those were
extracted from the "Message-ID: <[🔎] 1308854697.7124.15.camel@debian>"
header in your message.

That is how proper threading works, it has nothing to do with the
Subject: header.

> Why are there spaces add between the '>'-signs and the text? It's
> because they are add for the digest, I didn't add the spaces. So my
> question: Why does add Debian digest add those spaces?  To make it the
> only mailing list, were replying to the digest should become an issue?

As you can see from the quoted section at the top of this message there
is no problem to remove the excess spacing, and re-wrap the lines, while
replying.

Cheers,
Tom

--
I hope something GOOD came in the mail today so I have a REASON to live!!