Frequent weezy freezes on amd64 architecture (possibly KDE-related)?

Hello all,

I have just completed a fresh installation of debian wheezy,
architecture amd64, with KDE included and I've been experiencing
frequent freezes of the OS. At seemingly random intervals, all my apps
seem to stop, and the key combinations to kill the X server or reboot
the system don't work either. At first I thought that my Flash
workaround and the fact that it loaded an alternative memcpy()
implementation had something to do with it, so I loaded my browsers
without it, but the freezes persisted even when I didn''t have any
browsers open. I disabled KDE's file indexing service, but no luck. I
even killed all desktop effects to see if the crash was
graphics-hardware related, but to no avail.

Has anybody else been experiencing the same kind of random freezes on
amd64 wheezy with KDE? I would try GNOME, but currently a couple of
package collissions have rendered a successful GNOME installation
unfeasible, so I'm looking towards a solution that would keep KDE on
my system. Any further information required of me will be happily
provided.

Please CC me as I am on a list subscriber.

Thanks a million,

Jason

--
Jason Filippou