Re: psi instead of Skype [OT]

Hi,

Scott Ferguson wrote:
.... Both Virgin and Vodaphone
have portable wireless products being tested that will compete directly
with the telcos. I heard of one that is basically a wireless PSTN
equivalent - no line rental, a landline number, data rates, and analogue
connection plugs. Essentially portable, about the size of a lunchbox and
very cheap.

Virgin's product has been around for quite a while, but it caused many people grief because it [if it is the same product] used 3G and network performance wasn't good enough. Lots of people jumped ship as soon as they could because of very poor service and little prospect of it improving soon enough [if ever].

The "original" product may not exist with Virgin these days, I think it was a failed launch and it was pulled. Here's an old story on it [1], but the current website doesn't seem to show anything now....

[1] http://apcmag.com/virgin_mobile_home_broadband_and_near_unlimited_calls_for_60.htm

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM