Re: psi instead of Skype

On Mon 13 Jun 2011 at 14:24:54 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> For those -friends, family, skype-friendly, etc...-  I just simply use
> the low land-line/mobile rates my SIP provider has and place them a
> standard call.

There some good deals in the SIP --> PSTN world but, depending on your
country of residence and the regulatory telecom regime, PSTN --> PSTN
can be very competitive with it.

> I never liked Sykpe, it's all the opposite I think a good SIP software
> should be: open and standards compliant.

One area in which Skype (the network, not the software) scores is that
any Skype (the network) user can connect to any other Skype user. It is
not unlikely for sip: user@sipnetwork.com to fail because sipnetwork.com
does not allow this rather basic usage of the SIP protocol.