Re: psi instead of Skype [OT]

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 04:34, Scott Ferguson
<prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]and ISPs start rolling out VOIP products of their own. [...]

Will ISPs start blocking VoIP ports? *evil grin*

> with the telcos. I heard of one that is basically a wireless PSTN
> equivalent - no line rental, a landline number, data rates, and analogue
> connection plugs.

We have a mobile operator that does that: they put a regular phone in
your house, but it uses GSM. It's localized though, can't take it to
the café ;) But here (Portugal), land line's losing a lot to
cellphones (and the big ones are all going for the tv+voice+net
through fiber packs).