Re: k3b can't burn audio CD, got a few coasters today

On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 19:37 -0400, H.S. wrote:
> On 11/06/11 07:21 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> > On 12/06/11 08:48, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >> Sorry, I can't help you, but perhaps there's a better way to eject a CD.
> >> I don't know how Debian currently does mount those drives, but perhaps
> >> this isn't outdated:
> >>
> >> http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/debian/unmounting.jspx
> >>

> > umount -l /path/to/mount
> > eject
> > eject -T
> > eject -r
> > eject -s
> >
> > If more than one device, follow eject with path to mount
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> er .. perhaps a dumb question, is a disc mounted while being written to?

Before you get write or read access a disc is mounted. I'm not sure if
it's possible to u(n)mount the drive when it's still working. I suspect
that Scott has the better knowledge, if not, try the tips given by the
link. I didn't read the link and I don't know how those media get
mounted, perhaps by 'something' called HAL,
http://images.wikia.com/2001/images/1/18/Hal9000.jpg :), Ralf