Re: k3b can't burn audio CD, got a few coasters today

On 11/06/11 07:52 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 19:37 -0400, H.S. wrote:

>>> umount -l /path/to/mount
>>> eject
>>> eject -T
>>> eject -r
>>> eject -s
>>>
>>> If more than one device, follow eject with path to mount
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>

>> er .. perhaps a dumb question, is a disc mounted while being written to?
>
> Before you get write or read access a disc is mounted. I'm not sure if
> it's possible to u(n)mount the drive when it's still working. I suspect
> that Scott has the better knowledge, if not, try the tips given by the
> link. I didn't read the link and I don't know how those media get
> mounted, perhaps by 'something' called HAL,
> http://images.wikia.com/2001/images/1/18/Hal9000.jpg :), Ralf

I also assumed hal was at work. However, I noticed with some concern
today that while doing a safe-upgrade with aptitude, hal was being
removed. What I have now is:
$ dpkg -l hal*

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name                                       Version
                  Description
rc  hal 0.5.14-6 Hardware Abstraction Layer
un  hal-cups-utils <none>  (no description available)
un  hal-info      <none>   (no description available)

So, doesn't look like hal is playing any role anymore, much to my surprise.

ever having been read.