Re: PS/2 mouse vs USB mouse

On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 21:23 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 06/06/2011 08:52 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> >> Is that a MS two-button mouse?
> >
> > The Wheel can be used as button too. Microsoft? I dunno, at least
> > there's no Microsoft logo or name written on the mouse.
> >
> > Knowingly I never owned anything from Microsoft, but the mouse is
> > second-hand, perhaps it's a Microsoft mouse.
> >

> Don't knock it.  They make *great* optical mice.
>
> > It worked for 64 Studio/Debian Etch and Lenny. It's not broken, it still
> > works with an old Suse install.
> >

> Does /dev/psaux exist?  Do you boot into [xkg]dm or the console?  Is gpm
> installed?

Before I go to sleep.

GDM
I'm using a xorg.conf and tested it with and without mouse setings and
the xorg-mouse'n'keyboard-packages installed, I also edited, i guess it
was HAL?! ... I need to report later, I'm half asleep.

root@debian:/home/spinymouse# ls /dev/p*
/dev/parport0  /dev/port  /dev/ppp  /dev/psaux	/dev/ptmx

/dev/pts:
0  ptmx

-- Ralf