Re: PS/2 mouse vs USB mouse

On 06/06/2011 07:05 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Hi :)

when using a PS/2 mouse with stable or testing the mouse wheel very
seldom does work, usually it doesn't. For Ubuntu Maverick and Natty it's
the same.

I replaced the mouse with an USB mouse and the mouse wheel seems to work
all the time, tested with Debian testing only. I didn't reboot very
often, just one or two times, but for the PS/2 mouse it never happened,
that randomly the mouse wheel did work for two consecutive sessions.

I guess Debian and Ubuntu only have issues with PS/2 mice.
Is there a way to fix this? I tried to get a USB mouse that really could
replace my PS/2 mouse, but all modern mice seems to be made to get
typist's cramps. So I'll get rid of my new USB mouse if possible and use
my old PS/2 mouth again.

Cheesr!

Ralf

There are a whole slew of ps2 to usb adapters on the internet.  Be careful
that the one you get is for a mouse, not a keyboard.  And in my experience,
not all combinations of mouse/adapter/computer work, but with some
futzing (maybe also try different usb ports?) you may be in luck.
ymmv!  --doug

--
Blessed are the peacekeepers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A. M. Greeley