Re: Re (5): Capability of Iceweasel to open a local file.

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 04:39:42PM -0800, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> From:	Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
> Date:	Mon, 06 Jun 2011 17:37:25 -0500

> Quite possible. If someone can point out the error in my file URI,
> that will really help.  If someone can tell me how to fix it, so
> much the better.

"file" is a *protocol*. It means to use the OS's direct access to files.
"http" is a protocol. It says to connect over the network using the
Hypertext Transfer Protocol and request the file. You want Firefox to use
the "file" protocol even if the URL says to use the "http" protocol. That
would be broken behavior, and if your mysterious "Oberon" is doing that it's
broken.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!