[OT] Yet Another Flash Discussion (was: ia64 and i386)

On Mon, 30 May 2011 16:09:20 -0400, George Standish wrote:

> Shouldn't the subject be "AMD64 and i386"?

Well, yes, but now should be retitle to "YAFD" (Yet Another Flash
Discussion"... done! :-)

> On 30/05/11 03:57 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 May 2011 15:21:37 -0400, Celejar wrote:

(...)

>> 3) Flash is evil ;)
>>
>> Let me be a bit more picky here. Flash is evil because Adobe made it
>> so. Adobe's Flash Player, completely open, properly done, developed and
>> programmed could have its use.
>
> So, Flash is evil because it's not open source, and has been allowed to
> become a "standard" of sorts.

Flash format is not closed source, as someone told me in this very
mailing list. But the only full featured flash player comes from Adobe
(Adobe Flash Player) and Adobe Flash Player is proprietary software... so
if Adobe had developed an open player it could even become a W3C standard
for html animation (like SVG and SMIL). But now, with HTML5 knocking at
the door of our browsers, who cares? :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón