Re: ia64 and i386

On 05/30/2011 03:21 PM, Celejar wrote:
On Tue, 24 May 2011 21:14:38 +0530
Mihira Fernando<mihiratheace@gmail.com>  wrote:

Adobe flashplayer comes to mind as well. While there is a 64 bit player,
I've found that the 32bit one plays without any hiccups that the 64bit
one seems to have (No need to have flash is evil debates here. Some of
us wants to watch youtube and other flash sites).
Just FTR (although you probably know this), Flash isn't required for
YouTube; you can grab the videos with youtube-dl / clive, and play them
with your favorite video player. There are many advantages to this
method, including:

1) Better playback controls (as per a recent thread here)
2) You have a copy of the video, in case it's removed from YouTube
3) Flash is evil ;)

Celejar
Using pclos; installed youtube-dl (which you refer to) and youtube-download.
Both are scripts.  I searched the youtube-dl for "clive" and found nothing,
nor did I find usage, altho it might be there--this is a very large script.
The youtube-download (perhaps not available on Debian?) does have usage
directions, and is quite small.  I haven't tried either one.  Comment?

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacekeepers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A. M. Greeley