Re: ia64 and i386

On Tue, 24 May 2011 21:14:38 +0530
Mihira Fernando <mihiratheace@gmail.com> wrote:

> Adobe flashplayer comes to mind as well. While there is a 64 bit player,
> I've found that the 32bit one plays without any hiccups that the 64bit
> one seems to have (No need to have flash is evil debates here. Some of
> us wants to watch youtube and other flash sites).

Just FTR (although you probably know this), Flash isn't required for
YouTube; you can grab the videos with youtube-dl / clive, and play them
with your favorite video player. There are many advantages to this
method, including:

1) Better playback controls (as per a recent thread here)
2) You have a copy of the video, in case it's removed from YouTube
3) Flash is evil ;)

Celejar