Re: ia64 and i386

On Tue, 24 May 2011 17:26:36 +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

(...)

> Actually I never understood why people would want to install i386 when
> amd64 is possible. Since from amd64 you can still run x86 code ... but
> not the other way around. Is there a drawback when installing an amd64
> kernel ?

Ha! :-)

There are no Thunderbird binaries for the released version packaged for
64 bits OSes and some people (e.g., me) do not like messing/bloating
their systems with 32-bits compat libraries.

And Thunderbird is the first package it came up to my mind without
struggling my brain, there still has to be many others...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón