Re: 0 years 1st programmed computer? - Re: Poll Summary & Poll 1b - What Smartphone do you use?

On Fri, 27 May 2011 11:19:19 +0530
Mihira Fernando <mihiratheace@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/27/2011 08:55 AM, Freeman wrote:
> > and a habit of attempting to impress attractive young women with it
> > all.
>
> Did this ever work ?  :D

Not to my knowledge. Is this only open to smartphone users? I've gone
the way of an old dumb phone and a netbook.

39 years, a variant of Fortran IV on punched cards, and my first program
printed (eventually) a line of penguins on fanfold paper... I could see
the future.

I never actually saw the computer, but I believe it was an ICL1907. One
of these, though not this one:

http://petermason.staff.shef.ac.uk/cs/1907/index.html

--
Joe