Re: 0 years 1st programmed computer? - Re: Poll Summary & Poll 1b - What Smartphone do you use?

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 04:48:25PM -0700, giovanni_re wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2011 19:07:09 -0700, "Freeman" <hewho7@gmail.com> said:
> > On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 09:48:23PM -0700, giovanni_re wrote:
> >
> > . . .
> > > OK:  What Smartphone do you use?
> > > Manufacturer name, Model name, OS name, Cell Carrier name, Country you
> > > live in.
> >
> > Treo, Palm, Verizon, US. I still hate it after 4 years.
> >
> > > What is the # of years in your Age, Programming, Debian?
> >
> > 50-something, 0, 7
> >
> > P.S. The Treo, a replacement already, lost its screen since the last
> > pole.
> > :) I checked the cable but cleaning connections didn't fix it.
> >
> > Rather than spend money on new parts, or a new contract with Verizon over
> > new equipment, I went to a second-hand electronics store and bought the
> > cheapest Verizon phone I could find with a good battery and switched my
> > number to it.  I am putting all the phone budget I can toward a simmed
> > Android, I think.  And I'll get some Debian going on it.
>
> Hi Freeman :)
>
> I got a laugh out of your reply here - in a nice way.
>
> I'm thinking perhaps you didn't press on some key hard enough.
>
> Are you sure your answer to #2 is "0"?  ;)
>
> (Please reply to the list - I'm "to"ing you cause this reply is to a
> message from last week.  ;)  )

No stubborn/sticky keys. :)

At this juncture I would like to reference another post to the thread:

"This fascinates me. You think everyone on this list is a programmer?"

Excepting myself, looks like your expectation was correct, at least
regarding thread respondents.

debian-users is where the best info with the best signal-to-noise ratio is
so here I am.

I've done lots of html, plenty of bash, some perl and a little php. I have a
special backup for all the system files in /etc and /usr/share that I have
tweaked so as to ease the carry-forward to new releases.

But, not a programmer, just an enthusiast/hobbiest with a love of Debian, a
high error rate, a strong penchant for having the best customized old
laptops possible, a soar butt at times, and a habit of attempting to impress
attractive young women with it all.

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody