Re: Poll Summary & Poll 1b - What Smartphone do you use?

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 09:48:23PM -0700, giovanni_re wrote:

. . .

> =====  Poll 1b:  3 Additional Poll questions now:
>          Age, Programming years, Debian years
>
> As I was reading over the poll responses, I thought
> "It would be useful to know something about the smartphone users.
> Specifically, in years:
> 1)  How old are you?
> 2)  How many years ago did you 1st program a computer?          0 to #,
> or N=Never
> 3)  How many years ago did you 1st install a debian system?     0 to #,
> or N=Never  "

. . .

> =====
> OK:  What Smartphone do you use?
> Manufacturer name, Model name, OS name, Cell Carrier name, Country you
> live in.

Treo, Palm, Verizon, US. I still hate it after 4 years.

> What is the # of years in your Age, Programming, Debian?

50-something, 0, 7

P.S. The Treo, a replacement already, lost its screen since the last pole.
:) I checked the cable but cleaning connections didn't fix it.

Rather than spend money on new parts, or a new contract with Verizon over
new equipment, I went to a second-hand electronics store and bought the
cheapest Verizon phone I could find with a good battery and switched my
number to it.  I am putting all the phone budget I can toward a simmed
Android, I think.  And I'll get some Debian going on it.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody