Re: NVIDIA cards stopped working with recent testing updates

On 05/14/2011 04:56 PM, Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Sat, 14 May 2011 17:23:19 -0400 (EDT), Russell L. Carter wrote:
>>
>> I have a system with a fixed hardware config over the last two
>> years that I have kept current with testing through that time.
>> Yesterday's update/dist-upgrade/reboot results in a blank
>> screen when launching X.
>
> You aren't using interlaced video modes, are you?  Interlaced
> video modes don't seem to work at all with any KMS-based
> driver.  That's why I use nv.  (The proprietary nvidia driver
> for my chipset no longer works with recent X servers.)
> I had to download the source for nv and compile it myself, though,
> since nv has been removed from the distribution and the old
> binary version doesn't work with the new X server.

I don't believe so, I run the GTX285 normally at 1920x1200 on a benq
LCD.  I just bought the GT520 today, it's a just released GPU, so
nothing legacy here.

Per the apt-listchanges notes I tried

$ echo "/usr/lib/libc/memcpy-preload.so" > /etc/ld.so.preload

and reboot but no joy.

Thanks,
Russell