Re: Waking from the Dead

This just got harder.
I'm trying to just do a reinstall but I only have a macbook to work from.
And the installation media can only be a USB drive.

I am having all kinds of trouble getting an ISO image onto the USB that will work.

I can 'cat debian.iso > /dev/disk1s1' well enough.
And the machine will recognize the disk at start up, but it never sees it as a bootable device and just hangs.

Many of the other instructions are assuming you have a working linux box, which I don't.  The files/packages I need to download to build a bootable image I don't have and I can not get either -- apt-get is locked up on dependencies that I'm unable to resolve.

First: when I download a ISO for the Debian netinst image it's reported as 'unable to open' on mac.
"no mountable file systems" is the exact error.