Re: NVIDIA cards stopped working with recent testing updates

On Sat, 14 May 2011 17:23:19 -0400 (EDT), Russell L. Carter wrote:

> I have a system with a fixed hardware config over the last two
> years that I have kept current with testing through that time.
> Yesterday's update/dist-upgrade/reboot results in a blank
> screen when launching X.

You aren't using interlaced video modes, are you?  Interlaced
video modes don't seem to work at all with any KMS-based
driver.  That's why I use nv.  (The proprietary nvidia driver
for my chipset no longer works with recent X servers.)
I had to download the source for nv and compile it myself, though,
since nv has been removed from the distribution and the old
binary version doesn't work with the new X server.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :