Re: Help About Squeeze

On 5/12/2011 4:34 AM, Markus Neviadomski wrote:

You are right...but, read my first post. I wrote about 4-6 cores. This
is a typical sandy bridge system with core i7. No real server hardware,
but fast enough for the OP, when his Sempron is working until today!
16GB Ram are possible and cheap enough for development countrys servers.

The OP doesn't need more performance. If so, he didn't state it here. He simply asked how to turn off the sleep mode. He didn't ask how to fix his storage device issue. It's probably safe to assume that the OP's storage device issues are due to reasons other than his skills as an SA. Most likely, as we've seen this scenario before, he's stuck with a Sempron machine with only two small disks for 200 people because of a lack of funding. If he had the funding, do you think he'd still be using such a machine as a server, even if it is adequate for his performance needs?

If I were him I'd likely find your comments a bit insulting, as you have implied he doesn't know how to manage his server upgrades or recover from a disk problem. Again, note that he didn't ask for help with these basic issues that pretty much everyone on this list knows how to handle.

The only hardware he apparently *needs* right now is a disk or two, not a new server.

--
Stan