Re: Help About Squeeze

Markus Neviadomski wrote:
Thats sound like a fake, sorry. A single-core CPU with a some piece of
RAM as file server for 200 users? No...

I think a 2800 Sempron will have no trouble serving files, even to 200 people. Unless they all simultaneously started copying 10+ GB of data around on the server itself. But in my experience typical file server activity is sporadic with occasional bursts.

Besides the bottleneck with a file server normally is not CPU performance but network performance. You'd likely saturate the network bandwidth before you'd ever hog the CPU.