Re: How to boot netinst CD from Toshiba Satellite 650?

Jeroen van Aart wrote:
Charles Blair wrote:
   Pressing F2 at the beginning gives me a menu, but I didn't

   Bonus question: I should be using AMD-64 netinst, right?

Looks like that laptop has a 64 bits CPU. You can use both 32 and 64

Actually if you use the laptop for a lot of streaming media it may be worthwhile to install 32 bits debian. This is because the some of 64 bits codecs don't work very well whereas the 32 bits ones work fine.

It's one of the reasons I keep a 32 bits x86 system around and I have yet to find a satisfying solution.

I am refering to packages such as:

apt-cache policy w64codecs
w64codecs:
  Installed: 1:20071007-0.5
  Candidate: 1:20071007-0.5
  Version table:
 *** 1:20071007-0.5 0
500 http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ squeeze/non-free amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

So it's not part of debian proper I guess.

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/plural-of-virus.html