RE: Problem with chmod

Parent directory is /

Aparently it changes permissions to 777, but suddenly they turn into 7001 again. There is some kind of persistency. Chown works well, but chmod works so.

De: Kousik Maiti [mailto:kousikster@gmail.com]
Enviado el: martes, 10 de mayo de 2011 13:17
Para: Gorka
CC: LINUX EN
Asunto: Re: Problem with chmod

Go to the parent directory. Run
sudo chmod -R 777 *

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Gorka <gorkalinux@yahoo.es> wrote:

Hi.

I have got Ubuntu 11.04 installed on my pendrive. In /ME folder I have got
some files.bin to upgrade the BIOS an so.
The problem is that I can't execute them. It says I have no
permissions.These are 7001 (last number refers back to the sticky bit)
I'm trying to set 'sudo chmod 777 *', but I can't.

Any idea?