Re: Need /etc/apt/sources.list

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 23:34, Heddle Weaver <weaver2world@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I appreciate your willingness to help, don't get me wrong. But just as
>> I am here to learn, I thought that you might also be interested in
>> learning the error of using url-shortening services.
>
> Oh, I remember you now.

Have we a history?

>> I apologise if I
>> stepped on toes or tried to teach the old dog new tricks.
>
> I'm always keen to learn.
> Where's the trick?

Don't use URL-shortening services.

>> But in any
>> case, even if I am fantasising about tracking or advertising, the
>> links are most certainly broken.
>
> I click on both of them and they lead me straight to the target, every time.
> Broken browser?

Possibly a broken browser, poisoned hosts file or DNS, a selective
firewall at work, or 100 other problems on my end (though none of
those would give HTTP error 500). But that only reinforces my
position: HTTP is already a tenuous protocol, why add more fragile
links to the chain?

> In any case, this situation has already absorbed too much of my time.

Agreed.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il