Re: Need /etc/apt/sources.list

On 06/05/2011, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 22:44, Heddle Weaver <weaver2world@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/44opfms
>
> The tinyurl server is giving a 500 error. Why on earth would you add
> an unreliable, third-party link to the already fragile chain of HTTP?

It didn't then and it doesn't now.

> I for one do not want tinyurl or any other company tracking what I do
> online

??????

, injecting advertising,

??????????

 and breaking links that they don't
> like.

??????????

 Please post a direct link.

Ghostery is pretty good at it's job.
I don't think you'll find you are being tracked through that medium.
I have no idea where the other fantasies come from.

>>> 2) It doesn't seem to be on the disc, so I'd need a configured repo
>>> anyway.
>>
>>  http://tinyurl.com/3ok7r72
>>

> See above.

Well, those two links had the information you were after taking me
less than a minute with Google to obtain them for you (for some
reason), but if you aren't even prepared to follow them, there's not
much anybody can do to help you.
Regards,

Weaver.

by the wise as false,