Re: FullHD notebook support under Debian (sid)

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sb, 30 apr 11, 14:19:03, Leonardo Ruoso wrote:
> > Will notebooks standardize on 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio?
>
> In my (not very informed) opinion the trend seems to be towards 16:9.

In my somewhat informed opinion, you will only get 16:9 from Lenovo on the
2011 and 2012 models, and probably from the other manufacturers as well.

How one is supposed to be able to use a 16:9 screen for any coding, report
writing, spreadsheet work, and even *reading*, I have no clue.  Hell, it is
useless even for presentations, and that's saying something...

I mean, I can get some use out of 16:9 >22" screens as I just use them as if
they were two smaller screens side by side or get a monitor that lets me
rotate the screen, but in a small notebook?

IMO tablets WILL kill the notebook in the next five years, if only because a
tablet can be used in the proper orientation for serious work (including
reading) AND you can attach a bluetooth keyboard to it.

  Henrique Holschuh