FullHD notebook support under Debian (sid)

I'm addicted to Debian and I need a new notebook, but I don't like replacing my hardware too often.

I suppose requiring a FullHD display is a good strategy to buy a new notebook and keep it for the next 10 years :-)

Brazil has a program of low interest rates for computers manufactured in the country (Sony, Dell, etc..).

What about a checklist to not buy anything with a poor Debian support?

I don't mind using Sid/Experimental. I'm running Gnome 3 on an originally sarge computer by now and I'm very happy with it.

I recently bought my wife a Sony vpc-ea43fb and got it running well after pushing it to the experimental kernel. No luck with testing. It's not a problem, but it's a pretty basic/cheap model with a 1366x768 display and I'd like to get something more interesting :-)

Regards,

--
Leonardo Ruoso - Jornalista/Desenvolvedor
Assessoria de Imprensa. Consultoria de Marketing. Desenvolvimento e Integração de Software.