Re: Using Files Without Mounting A Share From Another System

On 2011-04-24, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a jar file (the application is a fax client for HylaFAX) that
> needs to be accessed/launched over the network because by doing so I only
> have to update one file and then all the clients are automatically
> updated.

Java technology offers a standard way of doing that: Java Web Start. It
is possible to deploy a third-party application using a JNLP file[1].

[1]
http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/webstart/deploying.html

(I have come very late to this thread, so forgive me if the above has
already been mentioned.)

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland