Re: Graphics - Radeon HD 5000 lock-ups

On Thursday 07 April 2011, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Du, 03 apr 11, 10:30:19, C. Hurschler wrote:
> > radeon - Using the radeon driver (no xorg.conf, default installation):
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/B34BSsQJ
> >
> > Symptoms: cannot change to console Ctrl-Alt-F1 etc. The screen is blank
> > and the monitor is put in sleep mode (!).  KDE System-Settings:Desktop
> > crashes every time without exception.
>
> Some stuff that looks suspicious to me (besides what Camaleòn already
> spotted):
>
> (II) [KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported.
> (II) RADEON(0): No DRI yet on Evergreen
>
> Hope this helps,
> Andrei

Well it doesn't help me much, I'm just a user.  I have a multi-boot system and
on an up-to-date aptosid install, the radeon driver works very well.  Squeeze
seems to be stuck with a version that is unstable (sigh) on my hardware.

For what it's worth, one thing that did help with the fglrx in squeeze was
turning checking "disapble functunality checks" in "Configure Desktop Effects -
Advanced"

Thanks,