Graphics - Radeon HD 5000 lock-ups

Hi,

I've been using a Radeon HD 5000 Graphics card with fglrx (see below).  I have
frequent lock-ups in Squeeze.

I'm looking for an inexpensive alternative, does anyone have any experience
with the GeForce 8400GS?

Thanks,

01:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan HDMI Audio [Mobility
Radeon HD 5000 Series]

ii  fglrx-atieventsd                     1:10-9-3
external events daemon for the non-free AMD/ATI r6xx - r7xx display driver
ii  fglrx-control                        1:10-9-3
control panel for the non-free AMD/ATI r5xx, r6xx, r7xx display driver
ii  fglrx-driver                         1:10-9-3
non-free AMD/ATI r6xx - r7xx display driver
ii  fglrx-glx                            1:10-9-3
proprietary libGL for the non-free AMD/ATI r6xx - r7xx display driver
ii  fglrx-glx-ia32                       1:10-9-3
proprietary libGL for the non-free AMD/ATI display driver (ia32 libs)
ii  fglrx-modules-dkms                   1:10-9-3
dkms module source for the non-free AMD/ATI r6xx - r7xx display driver
--
C. Hurschler