Re: Graphics - Radeon HD 5000 lock-ups

On 04/01/2011 09:57 AM, C. Hurschler wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for an inexpensive alternative, does anyone have any experience
with the GeForce 8400GS?

I put a fanless 8400GS in my wife/kids' PC. It's cheap, handles compiz just fine and playing videos with mplayer consumes an unmeasurable amount of CPU when playing videos when hooked into the vdpau libraries.

(I just got the GeForce 210 and notice that it's about 40% faster than the 8400GS while running about 5C cooler.)

corrupt."