Re: Please help

On 05/03/11 02:47, Hal Vaughan wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2011, at 7:02 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:

>>> I wish it were true, but if it were, then Lindows wouldn't have run into trouble for infringing on the Windows trademark owned by Microsoft.
>>
>> They (sic) ran into trouble? (that bit I'll agree too)
>>
>> If you mean Microsoft took Lindows to court, and won - please point me
>> at the reference.
>
> I remember watching the case and paying attention to the outcome and watching them change their name from Lindows to Linspire.  It was pretty big and everyone I knew in the FOSS world was watching the case.  While Microsoft didn't actually win the case, Lindows decided to settle.  Michael Robertson (of MP3 fame) was behind the whole Lindows thing and was pretty keen on pushing his point, so, while there wasn't a true victory, it does indicate they reached a point where it would have been more a case of diminishing returns if they pursued it more.

Try Groklaw and Wikipedia. Either you mis-remember or you shouldn't
trust what you see on television (more likely the latter).
Hint - Microsoft bought the Lindows name.

>> Should you find yourself unable to come up with a shred of proof to
>> support your claim, please send me 10% of the money Microsoft *did* pay
>> Lindows. :-D
>

>>> You and I may say this and it may be our opinion, but until it's made clear, legally, that it's not a trademark, it's only our opinion, and we all know there's a big difference between opinion and fact -- no matter how much we want our opinion to be true.
>>>
>>> Now, if Apple and their app store proves Windows isn't a trademark, then you will be right.
>>>

>>> Hal
>>>

>> Mmmm - yummy dog food ;-p
>>
>> Apropos of little - Microsoft isn't the owner of "Win32" either.
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> PS. That's 10% of 20 Million US, and getting your (Microsofts") trademark trolling
>> arse kicked twice hardly constitutes a win. :-)
>
> So are you just bored, or do you find yourself frequently in a position where you want to comment and criticize everything people say on  D-U?

Nice strawman, attitude, and sense of humour. Very mature.

> I wish I had that much time on my hands!

What are you "trying" to say? You aggressively post what is patently and
demonstably untrue - then try lame, false, ad hominem attacks as a
defence? Shame on you.

> Hal

Cheers