Re: Please help

2011/3/3 Hal Vaughan <hal@halblog.com>:

> On Mar 4, 2011, at 12:26 AM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>
>> In <[🔎] 20110303230321.8e7ff15c.jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>, Jason Hsu wrote:
>>> I may get hate-mail for saying this, but I don't recommend Debian as your
>>> first distro.  Assuming you have enough RAM (at least 512 MB, preferably 1
>>> GB or more), I recommend Linux Mint.  It's known for being user-friendly
>>> and accomodating to Windows users.
>>
>> Wrong mailing list.  This list is for Debian users, not MS Windows users.
>>
>> Please don't give Microsoft the word "windows".  If you mean the MS Windows
>> operating system say "MS Windows".  If you mean the things used in a windowing
>> system (like X11) or those transparent things built into walls, use "windows",
>> or "Windows" is it is the first word of a sentence.
>
> I wish it were true, but if it were, then Lindows wouldn't have run into trouble for infringing on the Windows trademark owned by Microsoft.
>
> You and I may say this and it may be our opinion, but until it's made clear, legally, that it's not a trademark, it's only our opinion, and we all know there's a big difference between opinion and fact -- no matter how much we want our opinion to be true.
>
> Now, if Apple and their app store proves Windows isn't a trademark, then you will be right.
>

> Hal

Hi Hal

The point might be the people behind Government, according to your
logic; every person who has been borned in America should be a USian,
because the word American was used by Europeans referring to America
as the continent. It was not well understood and now is part of the
global ignorance. Another example is with Coca-cola (coke) what means
cocaine, and it is private property of South Americans.  In short, if
none protest, it is assumed as true!

--
           Consultores Agropecuarios.
Administracion, Produccion, Capacitacion.