Re: Capital letters replaced with indian rupee font in openoffice.org in squeeze.

Typing mistake. I used it correctly.
Finally problem is solved by deleting rupee font installed by meand doing fc-cache -fv.

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 1:43 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 01:21:15 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Camaleón wrote:

>> 1/ User's desktop environment (GNOME, KDE...) settings 2/ Font
>> config/cache
>>
>> For 1/ you can try by "renaming" (*be very careful* here, I said
>> "rename" not delete ;-) ) your GNOME's user profile, as this will
>> regenerate all your current user's settings and configuration. The said
>> folder in GNOME it should be under "~/.gnome2" and "~/.gnome". In KDE I
>> can't tell for sure.
>>
>> To check 2/ maybe you can refresh the fonts cache by running "fc-cache
>> - fv" command but to be sincere, I'm not sure if that can be of any
>> help for your problem.
>>
>> Note that both approaches are more "a shoot in the dark" than anything
>> else. Maybe someone can tell you any other trick to bypass your OOo's
>> font problem now that you have identified the source of the error.

> I have KDE. not gnome.
> fccache -fv has not helped.

That should be "fc-cache -fv" (with the dash "-").

Okay, then you'll have to find out in which folder(s) does KDE (3 or 4?)
store the user's profile settings and try by renaming it :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón