Re: Input methods and terminal - any ideas?

Hi Michael,

  Thanks for the reply:

On 1 March 2011 16:03, Michael Tsang <miklcct@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 March 2011 08:16:31 Rob Hurle wrote:
>> (UTF-8) and the locale is set appropriately.  To my surprise, I find
>> that Gnome terminal already has all of the input methods that I need.
>> Where did they come from?  Neither konsole nor xterm seem to have an
> Is some sort of IMs installed as part of dependency?
>> input method option.  Does anyone know if I can re-jig the input
> Is the qt counterpart installed?
>> methods of terminal so that I can access them directly through
>> OpenOffice, Iceweasel or KDE applications (apart from copy and paste)?I
> What has offered when you run im-config ?

rob@debianrob:/var/log/cups> im-config
bash: im-config: command not found
rob@debianrob:/var/log/cups> sudo im-config
sudo: im-config: command not found

It doesn't appear that any im is installed.  Maybe this input method
I'm seeing is built in to Gnome terminal?

Rob Hurle
ANU, College of Asia and the Pacific
School of Culture, History and Language
Histories of Asia and the Pacific