Re: I want beep in urxvt terminal - SOLVED

Ron Johnson wrote:
On 02/17/2011 08:44 AM, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:20:25 -0600
Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net>  wrote:

Hello Ron,

Exactly...  (And yes, I do have module pcspkr loaded.)

Same here.  Maybe Joe's suggestion of using nouveau rather than nvidia
would help.  Assuming you use the NVidia driver, of course.

I've yet to try it myself.

Yes, I use nvidia, and no I won't use nouveau.

with good reason... I just did a d-i install of Squeeze and the partition created hangs during boot because nouveau is used since my videocard is an nVidia GeForce 8400 GS. Solved by blacklisting it and doing nouveau.modeset=0 in grub.

Hugo