Re: OpenOffice has become LibreOffice?

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:30:47 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> dijo:

>Back on topic, Wikipedia holds up-to-date info about OpenOffice forks
>and its derivatives:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org#Derivative_software

Thanks. That was very helpful.

The only part I don't understand is where it says that Go-oo added
features. What it fails to mention is that it also removes features. As
just one example, in OOo 3.1 and later the Save button is grayed out
until there have been changes to the document. The Go-oo people removed
this feature so that it would look more like MS Office. Or so I have
read. All I can say for sure is that in 3.1 the Save button was never
grayed out in the version from the Debian repos, but after removing
that version and installing 3.1 from OOo the button worked as
expected.

But now I am happily using 3.2.1 from OOo and have no particular
problems, other than the bugs that have been in OOo since 2.0 and have
never been fixed.