Re: stable-updates versus volatile

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:02 AM, Tom Furie <tom@furie.org.uk> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 03:50:58AM -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> I think the implication was that the release notes doesn't tell you how to
> edit the lines that refer to volatile.

Well, there's an example squeeze-updates entry in the release notes.
That along with the statement that stable-updates replaces volatile, I
thought, was enough of a hint.

Cheers,
Tom

Well after more digging I found a sample sources.list for a new Squeeze install in case anyone else (besides me) on this list doesn't get the hint in the Release Notes and would like to upgrade Lenny to match the sources.list of a new Squeeze installation:

deb http://some_mirror/Linux/Debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
deb-src http://some_mirror/Linux/Debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free

deb http://some_mirror/Linux/Debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://some_mirror/Linux/Debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free