Re: stable-updates versus volatile

In <[🔎] 20110209093337.GA13771@furie.org.uk>, Tom Furie wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 09:20:04PM -0800, Mark wrote:
>> Thank you, Rob.  This is very very helpful.  In step 2, you not only
>> changed "lenny" to "squeeze" but also "debian-volatile" to
>> "squeeze-updates" in the following lines?  Or did you do something else?
>> Sorry for the extra question, this is not documented in Release Notes.
>>
>> deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main
>> deb-src http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main
>
>Yes it is. Specifically section 2.1.8. Stable-updates replaces the
>functionality previously provided by volatile.

I think the implication was that the release notes doesn't tell you how to
edit the lines that refer to volatile.

If your volatile line look like this:
deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main
change it to:
deb http://cdn.debian.net/debian squeeze-updates main

You can change "cdn.debian.net" to your favorite Debian mirror.