Re: tool for internet connection test

Hi Adrian,

> What sync speed is your modem reporting (up/down) compared to what is
> normal for your distance from the exchange (from the maps)?

from the maps I should have synchronization speed somewhere between:

from 4282 - 7156 Kbps ( over 4.5 km )

if this are the values I need to compare my synchronization speed I'm
within the range right?

 ADSL Status   Mode    State   Up Speed        Down Speed      SNR
Margin      Loop Att.
       ADSL2+(G.992.5) SHOWTIME        937884  5689641 5       44

5 689 641 bits = 5 556.29004 kilobits

or am i looking at wrong values or doing wrong calculations?

> I wasn't seeing any packet loss IIRC.
> You shouldn't have to deal with Telstra as your're not their customer, TPG is.

Well I receive a telstra bill for my land-line and I can also hear
some noise when making phone calls. I fact this is the reason that I
approached telsra first.

> Keep complaining until you get to Level 2 support, they are the only
> ones that can help you.

I'll do that...thanks...

Lubos