Re: Reach ext3 partitions when gnu-fdisk gives error about those

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:46:14 +0000, Csanyi Pal wrote:

>>> What is your goal for running cfdisk, what do you want to do?
>>
>> Nothing special, just to see partitions on sdb with cfdisk.
>
> Then try with another tools like fdisk or sfdisk, to discard a problem
> with cfdisk. You can even try to run "cfdisk" from any LiveCD of your
> choice (systemrescuecd is a good one) and check if it works from there.

I just have installed the GNU Fdisk 1.2.4 and run it on /dev/sdb
Command (m for help): v
Warning: Partition 5 does not end on cylinder boundary.
Warning: Partition 6 does not end on cylinder boundary.
Warning: Partition 7 does not end on cylinder boundary.
Warning: Partition 8 does not end on cylinder boundary.
Information: 5476 unallocated sectors

So there are some errors. How can I fix those?

In gnu-fdisk I have commands:

Command (m for help): m
Command action
   a   toggle bootable flag
   b   edit bsd disklabel
   d   delete a partition
   l   list known partition types
   m   print this menu
   n   add a new partition
   o   create a new empty DOS partition table
   p   print the partition table
   q   quit without saving changes
   s   create a new empty Sun disklabel
   t   change a partition's system id
   u   change display/entry units
   v   verify the partition table
   w   write table to disk and exit
   x   extra functionality (experts only)

and

Expert command (m for help): m
Command action
   b   move beginning of data in a partition
   c   change number of cylinders
   e   list extended partitions
   f   fix partition order
   g   create an IRIX (SGI) partition table
   h   change number of heads
   m   print this menu
   p   print the partition table
   q   quit without saving changes