Reach ext3 partitions with UUID labels

Hi,

I just have installed Debian SID with linux kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1
SMP.

I installed it following http://io.debian.net/~tar/gnustep/install.txt

I have on my PC Box two SCSI hard disks: sda and sdb.
Debian SID is on /dev/sda3 and
the previously installed Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze is on
/dev/sdb5

Debian Squeeze uses UUID's to mount it's partitions, but Debian SID
didn't so I think that cause that that I can't reach partitions of
Debian Squeeze from Debian SID.

How can I convert the way system reach partitions (from /dev/sdaN to
UUID's)? What package must I install for this?

--
Best Regards,
Paul Chany