Re: Reach ext3 partitions when cfdisk gives error about those

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:46:14 +0000, Csanyi Pal wrote:

> Camaleón writes:
>
>> On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:51:46 +0000, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>>
>>> I think that that I can run cfdisk on /dev/sda, but can't run cfdisk
>>> on /dev/sdb where those ext3 filesystems are, so mybe this is not an
>>> UUID issue but a partition problem.
>>
>> Then start from the beginning with the problem :-)
>
>> Try with "fdisk -l /dev/sdb" and put here the output.
>
> $ sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdb

(...)

I see nothing wrong here :-?

>> What is your goal for running cfdisk, what do you want to do?
>
> Nothing special, just to see partitions on sdb with cfdisk.

Then try with another tools like fdisk or sfdisk, to discard a problem
with cfdisk. You can even try to run "cfdisk" from any LiveCD of your
choice (systemrescuecd is a good one) and check if it works from there.

>> It could be this bug :-?
>>
>> cfdisk complains unjustly about overlapping partitions
>
> Maybe this is a bug. I can't open the web page abowe.

Basically points to a problem with cfdisk itself as other people is
getting the same error message you get.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón